ScoliBalance® Basic (Level 1)
Spots are limited!
The ScoliBalance certification program is designed for health professionals seeking to assess and treat patients with scoliosis and/or hyperkyphosis using specific exercise rehabilitation.
The ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1) course will provide you with introductory fundamental knowledge and skills in the area of exercise rehabilitation for scoliosis and hyperkyphosis. The course will be focused on the implementation of a scoliosis and hyperkyphosis specific rehabilitation program using:
- ScoliCorrections (specific postural autocorrections in 3D) and ScoliExercises (specific exercise application of the corrective postures).
- ScoliRoll and Denneroll (specifically designed devices for scoliosis and hyperkyphosis).
- Integration into activities of daily living, and patient education.
- Complete 8 hours* of online content prior to attending the face-to-face practical days. Once enrolled you have 3 months access to the online component of the course.
- Attend 3 practical face-to-face days and complete the practical assessment on Day 3. Attendance for the entire time is compulsory, and must be completed after successfully completing the online component.
- Completion of ScoliBalance Level 1 provides basic certification. For advanced certification Level 2 will need to be completed within 6 months to 3 years of completion of ScoliBalance Level 1.
*individual times may vary
Upon completion of ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1) Certification, you will be qualified to deliver the skills and knowledge acquired plus gain access to the following subscription benefits.
- Ability to deliver ScoliBalance to patients (within your scope of practice)
- Your name and contact details listed on the ScoliBalance website directory for easy access by patients to find you and other health professionals to refer to you
- ScoliBalance marketing assets to help you promote ScoliBalance services to patients, including digital promotional brochure, brand logo, key brand messages and Certified ScoliBalance Provider seal.
- Access to the ScoliCare Central portal for ScoliBalance resource manuals. Access to “SimpleSet For ScoliBalance” Exercise Prescription Software – Easy to use platform, customizable ScolBalance plans for each patient, extensive ScoliBalance exercise image library available.
- Invitation to four (4) information and training webinars each year. You will be required to participate in at least one (1) of these webinars per year (Recordings of all webinars will also be made available).
- Advanced certification requires you to complete ScoliBalance Level 2 (approximately 8 hours online and 3 days face-to-face) within 6 months to 3 years of completion of ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1).
- Once you have completed Level 2 you will be certified as an Advanced ScoliBalance Provider.
To maintain ongoing Certification including access to all ScoliBalance resources, the annual subscription fee is USD $375**. The first year’s subscription is included in the up-front course cost.
** Price at Nov 2022, subject to change.
Key Course Details
Format: This is a blended course. The course consists of 8 hours of online content and 3 days of practical face to face education. Once enrolled you have 3 months access to the online component of the course.
Practical days: 8th to 10th September 2023 | Symmetry Health Center – 1708 Park St., Suite 130, Alameda, CA 94501
Assessment: Quiz questions in each online module will measure important milestones in knowledge (90% pass rate required). Practical Assessment on Day 3 of face-to-face days.
Course Cost*: USD $2295 – Early bird fee (ends 1st August 2023) | USD $2800 – Standard fee. [Catering included at face-to-face event]
Certificate: You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course confirming that you have completed 26 hours of continuing professional development and that the ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1) course has been completed.
*Price at Nov 2022, subject to change. The first year’s subscription is included in the up-front course cost.
This is a blended course. It consists of 8 hours of content delivered online via a dedicated learning platform, and available 24/7, accompanied by 3 days face to face education where you will apply knowledge and skills in a more practical setting. Once enrolled you have 3 months access to the online component of the course.
Members of the health and medical community, including Chiropractors, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Orthotists, GPs and other professionals who see patients with scoliosis or other spinal conditions.
While there are no specific pre-requisites, for those with minimal scoliosis knowledge or experience, we also recommend completing our online Essentials of Scoliosis Management course alongside, or before completing ScoliBalance Basic (Level 1) to develop foundation knowledge
Key Learning Areas
- Classifications for scoliosis
- Postural assessment and scoliosis screening
- Functional assessment
- ScoliCorrection principles and practices (specific postural autocorrections in 3D)
- ScoliRoll for scoliosis and Denneroll for hyperkyphosis
- Concepts and rationale for bracing for scoliosis and hyperkyphosis
- Concepts of ScoliBalance program for scoliosis and hyperkyphosis
- Spinal anatomy and how it applies to scoliosis rehabilitation
- ScoliBalance treatment planning, including session protocols
- Effective communication with patients and caregivers with scoliosis and hyperkyphosis.
Who should enrol?
This course is designed to cater for Chiropractors who are:
- Treating/would like to treat scoliosis with exercise therapy but are lacking formal certification
- Considering becoming a ScoliBalance Provider to offer scoliosis specific exercise treatment services.